The EpiQuik™ Histone Demethylase LSD1 Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit is a convenient set of tools that allows the experimenter to to measure inhibition of LSD1. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed for screening LSD1 inhibitors which are directly interact with LSD1 or blocking the binding of LSD1 to its substrate.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ HISTONE DEMETHYLASE LSD1 INHIBITOR SCREENING ASSAY KIT?
- Fast procedure, which can be finished within 1 hour.
- Innovative fluorescent assay without need for radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ Histone Demethylase LSD1 Inhibitor Screening Assay Kit is designed for screening LSD1 demetylase inhibitors. In the assay with this kit, the unique di-methylated histone H3-K4 substrate is incubated with LSD1 in the strip wells. Active LSD1binds to and demethylate histone H3-K4 substrate, producing hydrogen peroxide which reacts with fluorogen 10-Acetyl-3,7-dihydroxy Phenoxazine and produces the highly fluorescent oxidation products. The intensity of fluorescence from oxidation products is proportional to LSD1 enzyme activity. Therefore, as LSD1 activity decreases by inhibition, the fluorescent signal decreases.
Inhibition of LSD1 by tranylcypromine (TCP)
LSD1 concentration: 500 ng/well
HF1 (LSD1 assay buffer)
HF2 (LSD1substrate, 0.3 mM)*
HF3 (Active LSD1, 0.5 mg/ml)
HF4 (LSD1 inhibitor, 1 mM)
HF6 (fluoro enhancer)*
8 well assay strip (with frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.
User Guide & MSDS
*Always use the actual User Guide that shipped with your product. Is the above file locked? You can also request user guides by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org along with your contact information and institution name.