The EpiQuik™ Histone Demethylase (H3-K4 Specific) Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is a convenient set of tools that allows the experimenter to measure activity/inhibition of H3-K4 specific histone demethylases using cell/ tissue extracts. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed for measuring histone demethylase (H3-K4 Specific) activity/inhibition from a broad range of species including mammalian cells/tissues, plants, and bacteria.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ HISTONE DEMETHYLASE (H3-K4 SPECIFIC) ACTIVITY/INHIBITION ASSAY KIT?
- Fast procedure, which can be finished within 3 hours.
- Innovative fluorescent assay with no use of radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Direct measurement of HDM (H3-K4 specific) activity and inhibition and not interfered by thiol-containing chemicals such as DTT, GSH and 2-mercaptoethanol.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ Histone Demethylase (H3-K4 specific) Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is designed for measuring total histone demetylase (H3-K4 Specific) activity/inhibition. In the assay with this kit, the unique di-methylated histone H3-K4 substrate is stably captured on the strip wells. Active HDMs bind to and demethylate histone H3-K4 substrate. The remaining un-demethylated substrate can be recognized with high affinity anti-methylated histone H3-K4 antibody. The ratio or amount of the un-demethylated histone, which is inversely proportional to HDM enzyme activity, can then be fluorimetrically quantified.
HD1 (10x wash buffer)
HD2 (HDM assay buffer)
HD3 (HDM substrate)*
HD4 (HDM standard, 20 µg/ml)*
HD5 (capture antibody 100 µg/ml)*
HD6 (detection antibody 200 µg/ml)*
HD8 (fluoro enhancer)*
8 well assay strip (with frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.
User Guide & MSDS
*Always use the actual User Guide that shipped with your product. Is the above file locked? You can also request user guides by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org along with your contact information and institution name.