The EpiQuik™ Histone Methyltransferase Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit (H3-K27) is a convenient set of tools that allows the experimenter to measure the activity or inhibition of individual histone methyltransferase that specifically target histone H3 at lysine 27. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful HMT activity/inhibition experiment without the need for radioactivity or any special equipment.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ HISTONE METHYLTRANSFERASE ACTIVITY/INHIBITION ASSAY KIT (H3-K27)?
- Very rapid procedure, which can be completed within 3 hours.
- Safe and innovative colorimetric assay without radioactivity, extraction, and chromatography.
- Specific measurement of activity/inhibition of H3-K27 histone methyltransferases.
- Strip microplate format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput analysis.
- Extremely simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ Histone Methyltransferase Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit (H3-K27) is designed for measuring HMTs that specifically target histone H3 at lysine 27. In an assay with this kit, the histone substrate is stably captured on the strip wells through biotin-streptavidin binding. HMT enzymes transfer methyl group to histone H3 substrate from Adomet to methylate the substrate at lysine 4. The methylated histone H3-K27 can be recognized with high-affinity antibody. The ratio or amount of methylated H3-K27, which is directly proportional to enzyme activity, can be quantified through HRP conjugated secondary antibody-color development system. The HMT activity is then calculated based on the amount of methylated H3-K27 converted by the HMTs.
HE1 (10x wash buffer)
HE2 (histone assay buffer)
HE4 (biotinylated substrate, 25 µg/ml)*
HE5 (HMT standard, 10 µg/ml)*
HE6 (capture antibody, 100 µg/ml)*
HE7 (detection antibody, 100 µg/ml)*
HE8 (developing solution)
HE9 (stop solution)
Control enzyme (150 µg/ml)*
8 well assay strips (with frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.
User Guide & MSDS
*Always use the actual User Guide that shipped with your product. Is the above file locked? You can also request user guides by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org along with your contact information and institution name.