The EpiQuik™ DNA Demethylase Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is suitable for measuring DNA demethylase activity/inhibition using purified enzyme or protein extracts from the cultured cells and tissues.
WHY CHOOSE THE EPIQUIK™ DNA DEMETHYLASE ACTIVITY/INHIBITION ASSAY KIT?
- Quick and efficient, which can be finished within 5 hours.
- Innovative colorimetric assay with no need for radioactivity, electrophoresis, and chromatography.
- Strip microwell format makes the assay flexible: manual or high throughput.
- Simple, reliable, and consistent assay conditions.
Principle & Procedure
The EpiQuik™ DNA Demethylase Activity/Inhibition Assay Kit is designed for measuring total DNA demethylase activity/inhibition. In an assay with this kit, the unique methylated DNA substrate is stably captured on the strip wells. Active DNA demethylases bind to and demethylate DNA substrate. The methylated DNA can be recognized with high affinity 5-methycytosine antibody. The ratio or amount of methylated DNA, which is inversely proportional to enzyme activity, can be then colorimetrically quantified through an ELISA-like reaction.
DD1 (10x wash buffer)
DD2 (demethylase assay buffer)
DD3 (demethylase substrate)*
DD4 (demethylation standard, 10 µg/ml)*
DD5 (capture antibody, 1000 µg/ml)*
DD6 (detecting antibody, 200 µg/ml)*
DD7 (developing solution)
DD8 (stop solution)
8 well assay strips (with frame)
* For maximum recovery of the products, centrifuge the original vial after thawing prior to opening the cap.
User Guide & MSDS
*Always use the actual User Guide that shipped with your product. Is the above file locked? You can also request user guides by emailing email@example.com along with your contact information and institution name.